Uniting to Make Eden Prairie Even Better
Eden Prairie is a great place to live, work, play, raise kids, retire …
It’s that way because people just like you have given back. We know, because the Eden Prairie Community Foundation is a vehicle for that “giving back,” in several ways:
- By turning your donations and support into grants that help nonprofits fill unmet Eden Prairie needs.
- By serving as a fiscal sponsor for people and organizations trying to accomplish great things.
- And, by helping people in their planned giving — using tools like donor-advised funds, bequests, and more.
Through donations large and small, planned giving, fiscal sponsorships, corporate and workplace giving, and about 550 grants totaling $1.6 million, we have — as a community — accomplished great things: changing lives and making Eden Prairie better.
Changing lives with your donations
One example of a life impacted by Foundation grants is Scott, who has an intellectual disability and receives services at Eden Prairie-based CHOICE, Inc. People such as Scott face health and obesity issues at greater rates than the general population, and Scott admits he once found exercise “boring.”
But, with the help of a 2015 grant from the Eden Prairie Community Foundation, CHOICE built and equipped a fitness room for clients like Scott, so they now have easy access to cardio-fitness equipment, free weights, and other gear, as well as yoga and Zumba training.
Scott began using the CHOICE fitness room almost daily, and one or two times per week he gets help from a fitness coach on his personalized workout plan. It’s been a life change for Scott: the loss of 20 pounds, a newfound interest in nutrition, and a new dream of becoming a personal trainer.
Here’s how you can help
So, let’s work together. If you’d like to …
- make a donation,
- attend a Foundation event,
- start a fund,
- volunteer for a Foundation committee,
- collaborate on an important project, or
- use the Community Foundation in other ways to give back to Eden Prairie.
… you’ll help make Eden Prairie great for generations to come!
Want to see how people like you are making Eden Prairie better? Check out our “People Who Give Back” page. Here’s how one Foundation supporter explained his family’s motivation to give:
“Eden Prairie has been so good to me and my family! No other phrase captures more fully the motivation for my giving.”
– Pastor Rod Anderson