Hosted by the Eden Prairie Community Foundation, the COVID-19 Response Fund will provide operating grants to organizations that have roots in Eden Prairie and because of COVID-19 are encountering extraordinary obstacles in providing food and other services to Eden Prairie residents experiencing poverty and similar hardships.
Welcome — and thank you — to our new donors, including those hearing about the COVID-19 Response Fund for the first time.
The Foundation acted early, in mid-March, to create a fund that would help local nonprofits as they institutionalize new ways of delivering services because of the outbreak. Here’s a summary of the granting to date:
- Two grants totaling $11,000 were issued the week of April 6 (to PROP and Brighter Days Grief Center);
- a $5,000 grant to The Sheridan Story was awarded April 24;
- a $9,000 grant to The PROP Shop was awarded May 14;
- a $1,500 grant was awarded to Fraser on June 8;
- and, another $15,000 grant was awarded to PROP on Aug. 20.
- We concluded 2020 with a $6,000 grant to Onward Eden Prairie that included $3,000 from the Edina Realty Foundation.
- Our first COVID-related grant of 2021 was $2,500 to Senior Community Services in support of COVID-related information and services provided to older adults and their caregivers.
More grants are coming. Funds will be released on a rolling basis as fundraising continues throughout the outbreak and recovery phases of the crisis.
Thank you to the many people who have donated so far, including the charitable fund holders at the Foundation and organizations such as Eden Prairie Noon Rotary and the Eden Prairie Rotary Foundation. Donations have ranged from $10 to more than $5,000. You are helping your community through this difficult time! We are also honored to be the local intermediary for allocating $20,000 from the Minnesota Disaster Recovery Fund.
Please donate using the form below, and be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom. (In the Comment box, please type “COVID-19 Response Fund.”) Or, mail a check to: Eden Prairie Community Foundation, 8080 Mitchell Rd., Eden Prairie, MN 55344, Attn: COVID-19 Fund. Much more information about this fund and how donations will be used are in our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).