If you’ve ever thought about being an Eden Prairie volunteer – or you belong to a group that needs EP volunteers – then you should save this date on your calendar: Thursday, April 27, 2017.
That’s when “The GIVE Gathering” will be held, from 6-8 p.m. at the Eden Prairie Education Center, 8040 Mitchell Road (the same building that houses the Eden Prairie City Center, or city hall).
This is a first-time event that is for prospective volunteers and the organizations that need them.
If you’re looking to volunteer your time in a way that makes Eden Prairie better, this event will allow you to:
- Visit a Volunteer Fair, featuring lots of local “giving back” opportunities;
- Join in a group service project benefiting Eden Prairie; and
- Sign up to win prizes.
If you are civic organization or nonprofit that depends on members or volunteers to make Eden Prairie great, this event will allow you to:
- Get training on how to reach, engage, and manage new members and volunteers;
- Host a table at the Volunteer Fair; and
- Share information about how your organization is making a difference in Eden Prairie.
Admission is free, and we’ll have a food truck where you can purchase a snack. Many details are yet to come, and you will find them at www.edenpr.org/givegathering.
The GIVE Gathering is sponsored by Eden Prairie Schools Community Education and the Eden Prairie Community Foundation – two organizations working to inspire volunteering in Eden Prairie.
We hope you’ll join us on April 27!