From time to time, the Eden Prairie Community Foundation is spotlighting local resources. This installment of “EP Help on Hand” looks at Eden Prairie TreeHouse.
TreeHouse has been serving teens since 1979, but was brought locally to Eden Prairie in 2019 by Tammy Ryder-Harms. Tammy has such a passion and heart for helping teenagers and has been going above and beyond to help any and all teens that could use a little extra support in our community.
TreeHouse brings hope to hurting youth that may be experiencing such things as anxiety, depression, behavioral issues and suicidal thoughts and offers support especially during this difficult time of COVID-19. From individual time with a staff member, to small group time, to large group activities, teens can find a place where they belong. To learn more about Treehouse’s mission and vision, please watch this video.
For 2021, TreeHouse NEXT has some exciting free offerings such as ACT prep, academic support, time management support, college prep, mentorship, and tutoring. Here is an overview of the tutoring options:
- Who? Any 7-12 grade student connected to Eden Prairie
- What? FREE in-person or virtual tutoring via Zoom
- Where? Student/tutor arrange, group will meet at 7 Corners Coffee when in-person learning resumes
- When? Student/tutor arrange, in-person will be on Fridays from 12:00-2:00 p.m. with lunch provided when in-person school resumes
- How? Reach out to Tammy at 952-500-9723 or [email protected] for more info
For more information about TreeHouse or TreeHouse NEXT’s programs, please view this flyer.