Your 2021 year-end donation to the Eden Prairie Community Foundation will have double the impact, thanks to the largest fundraising match ever provided at the Foundation.
The Foundation’s leadership is providing a match to the first $20,000 donated by the community-at-large in November and December. It’s called the Leadership Challenge, and is meant to help the Foundation raise $40,000 or more to help people facing hardship and to strengthen community services.
The $40,000 goal is critical to the Foundation’s ongoing programs. That includes:
- grants to address Eden Prairie’s biggest needs;
- collaboration with the city, schools, and other groups to encourage volunteerism and address issues like unemployment;
- and leadership that includes the creation of an innovate “hub” serving all of the 80-plus nonprofits and civic organizations serving Eden Prairie.
But, let’s talk about the Foundation’s impact in personal terms. In our last fiscal year, granting from the Foundation and its fund holders totaled nearly $240,000. That included a $9,000 grant to The PROP Shop to eliminate a waiting list for new beds. The grant helped an estimated 90 persons get off the floor and into new beds, at an especially difficult time for those whose jobs were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Foundation funding has also supported tutoring for immigrants, creative-arts programs for residents with intellectual disabilities, and so much more. Because the Foundation is led by people active in the community, the 40-year-old organization knows Eden Prairie’s biggest gaps and gets dollars to where they are needed most.
These efforts are so important that more than two dozen Foundation board members, committee and team members, and fund holders have pledged a $20,000 match to motivate the rest of the community to financially support the Foundation’s work.
So, please consider a year-end donation to keep it going. You can give in different ways:
- Donate on the Foundation’s website;
- Mail a check to Eden Prairie Community Foundation, 8080 Mitchell Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344.
- Participate in the Give to the Max statewide online giving campaign, donating to the Foundation or any of the small organizations it sponsors; and
- Donate a gift of appreciated stock.
Should you have any questions about this year-end fundraising campaign or any of the Foundation’s work to make Eden Prairie, please contact Executive Director Mark Weber at (952) 949-8499 or [email protected].