Tickets to May 3 ‘EP Gives’ event on sale
Tickets are now on sale for the annual “EP Gives” event from 6-midnight on Saturday, May 3, at the Green Acres Event Center in Eden Prairie. Here’s a link to the ticket-ordering page on this website: http://epcommunityfoundation.org/events-news/eden-prairie-gives. You will be asked to set up a new account or use one set up earlier.
The Eden Prairie Community Foundation uses the “enchanting event center in a historic barn” to honor its 2014 grantees and its donors. The event gathers 300 of Eden Prairie’s most involved, connected citizens to celebrate the community’s philanthropy. There is socializing, appetizers, drink, music, dancing, a live auction, and a short program.
Eden Prairie High School Principal Conn McCartan will be the evening’s emcee, and dance music will be provided by EP’s own Mark Miller Band.
Proceeds from EP Gives support the operation of the Foundation – including its annual grants program, which over the years has produced $1.5 million for local needs and causes.
Here are just a couple examples of grants awarded last year:
- Teens Alone – Counseling help at Eden Prairie High School for students who are homeless or at-risk.
- New American Academy – Computers used by immigrant students for after-school tutoring.
- Store to Door – The delivery of groceries to homebound senior citizens.
- Cornerstone – Improved facilities for victims of domestic violence and their children.
For more information about the event, contact Event Chair Mary Mackmiller at (952) 294-0526 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Eden Prairie Community Foundation is dedicated to “enriching our community through philanthropy, collaboration and leadership.” It has served our community since 1981.
‘EP Gives Week’ planned for May 3-10
A special week dedicated to shining the spotlight on charitable giving and community service is being planned by the Eden Prairie Community Foundation.
The event is called “EP Gives Week” and it will be held May 3-10, 2014. Additional sponsors are the Eden Prairie News and Equity Property Group/Dick Ward.
Leading up to that week will be a campaign drawing attention to the non-profit organizations and service clubs that give back to Eden Prairie in significant ways.
In fact, between March 6 and March 19 you can nominate a non-profit or Eden Prairie service club for recognition in the Eden Prairie News by filling out a nomination form on the newspaper’s website, www.edenprairienews.com.
After nominations close at noon on March 19, the Eden Prairie Community Foundation will narrow the list to 10 organizations – five non-profits and five service clubs – that will be profiled in the EP News. Then, people will be invited to vote on which one of the 10 organizations should receive $2,000 in free public-service advertising to help tell their story. The advertising is being donated by the Eden Prairie News.
(More information and official rules are on www.edenprairienews.com.)
Meanwhile, a number of events are being planned May 3-10 to highlight charitable giving and community service, and to inspire more. The list of events keeps growing, but here’s an early look:
Saturday, May 3
• The EP Community Foundation’s annual “EP Gives” event at Green Acres Event Center, 6-11 p.m.
Tuesday, May 6
• “Give Local, Eden Prairie” Day (a day of online giving)
• Non-Profit Training Class (topic: “Using Social Media”), EP City Center, 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Wednesday, May 7
• Foundation for Eden Prairie Schools (FEPS) Legacy Awards program and banquet at Bearpath Country Club.
Thursday, May 8
• “Bridges Out of Poverty” day-long workshop at Hennepin Technical College (Foundation, City, PROP, and HTC)
• EP News announcement of “EP Givers Award” advertising winner
Saturday, May 10
• “Charitable Giving” public workshop sponsored by the EP Community Foundation, 9-10:30 a.m., Star Bank Community Room
“Part of the Foundation’s mission is to encourage philanthropy in Eden Prairie. Calling attention to the great works of philanthropy and community service that are already taking place might inspire others to give, too,” said Mark Weber, executive director of the Eden Prairie Community Foundation.
For more information about EP Gives Week, contact Weber at (952) 949-8499 or email@example.com.
The Eden Prairie Community Foundation is dedicated to “enriching our community through philanthropy, collaboration and leadership.” It has been in existence since 1981 and has awarded about $1.5 million in grants.